Friday, July 17, 2015

Welcome to"Featured Link Friday"

For the next few weeks I am going to feature a websites in a post that you might find interesting and/or useful.  Each link will also be included under the “Links” heading on this blog so you can find it in the future if necessary.  Let’s get started.

Today’s highlighted link is Fly Anglers Online.  This is a site that I have used for years and for a variety of purposes.  There are two great resources along the left side of the page labeled “Fly Tying” and “FOTW”.  The “Fly Tying” heading gives some great tips for beginner, intermediate, and advanced tiers and also has a wide range of other helpful general pieces of information.  The “FOTW” heading is short for Fly of the Week.  There is a HUGE catalog of fly tying recipes that are accompanied by step-by-step instruction and accompanying pictures most of the time.  This is by far my favorite part of the site!


There are also some really good writers that contribute to the site.  They come from a wide range of backgrounds and cover a wide-ranging of topics.  Some fly fish for bluegill in farm ponds while others focus on saltwater.  I also highly suggest the “Lighter Side” heading which includes some pretty funny fly fishing cartoons.  The site is updated about every 2 weeks and hopefully you get as much out of it as I have.  In fact, I just found an article about fly fishing out of a float tube that I am heading  to when I finish this post.  Have a great Friday and check back tomorrow for a post about an upcoming wiper/hybrid trip I am preparing for!


Screenshot of the Fly Anglers Online Homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment