Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Buy and Selling Flies Online?


A while back, I stumbled across this site.  It peaked my interest because the premise of the site is for outdoorsmen to buy and sell things to one another.  Immediately, my mind went to fly fishing and I started to look into what products they offered.  While they don't have a lot of rods, reels, or combos, their prices are pretty reasonable but that's not where my real interest was.  I was intrigued in the idea of this being a place for fly fishermen to buy and sell flies of their own creation to one another.  The idea that the site could act as a go-between for anglers seems like a viable option.  I'm thinking that this winter would be a good time to whip up some flies and maybe see if I could sell a few.  I'll keep you posted and please do the same if you decide to pursue this option in the future.  Currently, there are no flies on the the "Flies" page so you could always be the first.  Be bold, be a pioneer, be a professional fly tier!



Link: https://www.anythingsportsman.com

Another option might be Etsy.  It seems like they have a community already set up for fly tiers but seems somewhat difficult to navigate. 

Link: https://www.etsy.com/

Disclaimer: I have not done anything with these sites other than make a few searches.  I'm not sure what their policies are or if they would be good/bad to work with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment