Friday, September 29, 2017

Fly Slaps


All credit goes to The Fiberglass Manifesto for bringing this website to my attention and I cannot thank Cameron (website founder) enough. He recently posted about a new site called Fly Slaps.  Yes, it's kind of a funny name that doesn't necessarily tell you what the site is all about, but holy monkey is it cool!  Essentially, it is a one-stop shop for all things fly fishing sticker related.  Admittedly, I am a fly fishing sticker addict and I can't get enough.  I have 6 stickers in the back window of my truck and I'm always on the hunt for number 7.  With this site, not only have I found number 7, but I think I have found numbers 8, 9, and 10.

Link: https://flyslaps.com/

Aside from having an amazing lineup of products, there is a pretty amazing DIY project that I am wanting to undertake.  If there is one thing I can't get enough of (besides stickers), its fly boxes.  While I probably (maybe) have enough smaller, streamside boxes, one thing I can't get enough of are the larger boxes for big streamers.  However, have you ever seen the prices for these boxes?  I kid you not, that one year I got a streamer box from Bass Pro that I later found out cost $60 and didn't even have storage on the lid of the box.  That's why I got pretty excited about a DIY streamer box that doesn't look like garbage and is a fraction of the cost of a commercial box.  If you're looking for a weekend project or just need some additional storage, then do yourself a favor and check out this link!

Link: https://flyslaps.com/fly-fishing-diy-boat-boxes/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post Tyler! Jack and I appreciate it very much!

    ReplyDelete