Friday, January 3, 2020

Coming Soon: Progressive® Insurance Kansas City Boat & Sportshow®


Alright boys and girls, it is time to mark your calendars for the upcoming Progressive Insurance Kansas City Boat and Sportshow!  It runs next Thursday through Sunday (Jan. 9-12) and show times are below.  This show is an amazing experience and there is something for every outdoor enthusiast!  If you have been in the past, please know that the show brings in some new things every year.  And if you have never been, trust me, you're going to see (and maybe experience) some amazing things.  There is watercraft, hunting, fishing, and other exhibitors and vendors.  You can buy a boat, book a hunting trip, and plan a fishing excursion all in short amount of time while seeing some innovative products you won't find at local stores.  The bottom line is that it is just plain fun!

If you haven't caught on to my hints, I have been asked by the show promoters to write about this show.  With that being said, please know that I accepted this request because I have been going to this show since I was in second grade.  It has a pretty special place in my heart.  My dad used to sell conversion vans at this show and I got to run wild with my buddy Bryan while he worked.  I've continued to attend the show on and off during adulthood and this will be my second year of documenting my experience with the show.  I'll be sharing some pictures, stories, products and hopefully interviews as well.  Don't get me wrong, next week's posts will include material about other topics as well, so things will be "business as usual" but I will also try to provide the best content that I can about the show!  You can find show details below.
  • Official Name: Progressive® Insurance Kansas City Boat & Sportshow®
  • Highlights:
    • New! Paddle Sports Pool, where attendees can get their feet wet checking out demos and testing a new Hobie or Jackson Kayak. Seminars and open paddle times will be posted on-site.
    • New! Career Day, where students and job seekers can get career advice and hear about job openings from marine business professionals on Friday, Jan. 10.
    • New! The Show Me Stage, where attendees can hear from fishing experts and watch fishing and casting demonstrations.
    • Back by Popular Demand! Fred’s Shed, offering do-it-yourself enthusiasts and boat owners the chance to hear professional, practical advice on maintaining, repairing and upgrading your boat or motor.
    • Boats & Brews, featuring live music, craft beer tastings and more on Friday, Jan. 10 from 5-9 p.m. Tickets will be available online.
    • The Hawg Trough, a 5,000-gallon, fully stocked fishing demo tank with seminars from pro anglers – a chance to see firsthand how fish react to various rods and bait.
    • KC Food Truck Mafia, serving up tasty, unique fare inside of Bartle Hall during the show from a variety of local food trucks.
    • Willow Creek Trout Pond, where little ones can practice their angling skills for free, reeling in live trout.
  • Dates/Times:
    • Thursday, Jan. 9, 2-9 p.m.
    • Friday, Jan. 10, Noon-9 p.m.
    • Saturday, Jan. 11, 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
    • Sunday, Jan. 12, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
  • Show Location: Bartle Hall, 301 W 13th St. Kansas City, MO 64105
  • Tickets: Tickets are $12 for adults, and children under 12 are free.





No comments:

Post a Comment