Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Tying the Tiger Tail

I've been hearing more and more about how a fly called a Tiger Tail is catching fish down on Lake Taneycomo.  My buddy Mark recently caught 6 fish in the trophy area on one of these actually.  I'll be honest, I had no idea what a Tiger Tail was when I first heard about it.  I pictured something with yellow, orange, and black.  I was wrong.  It's actually a really simple fly to tie and is a little bit crackleback and a little bit wooly bugger.  I'm pretty sure that you need to fish these on a sinking leader, sink tip, or sinking line.  The video offers an additional weighting option so you might want to check that out.  So without further delay, I present to you the Tiger Tail!








Link to Missouri Trout Fishers Association- Springfield- http://www.mtfa-springfield.org/resources/fly-tying-recipes-patterns/tiger-tail/




Link to Ozarks Chillbilly YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjjS6r3lI4GaMnOEEG9Za6A

No comments:

Post a Comment