Friday, July 10, 2020

Blog Anniversary and a Memorable Moment

Tomorrow morning, this blog turns five years old!  It's hard to believe that what started out of necessity because I ran out of pages in my fishing journal.  The original plan was to use this to just post my fishing reports in the hopes that some people might read them and find them helpful.  That's when my competitive side came out and my drive to get a lot of website traffic.  So, I started posting every day, Monday through Friday.  I had business cards made and started passing those out to anyone I met on the water or when I would meet someone that liked fishing.  I had shirts made to publicize the site.  To get more views, I promoted the blog through Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.  I am proud to say that the views of this blog have slowly, but consistently increased and it has been an absolute joy to be a part of.

I felt the need to tell you that story so you can understand how much I appreciate and value all of the views and comments.  I wouldn't keep writing and posting if people didn't come to the site and enjoy the content.  I hope that you get at least a fraction of the enjoyment from this site as I do!  Thank you so much for reading this and thanks for visiting my blog. 

Since today is a personal post, I thought I would also share a momentous occasion with you that occurred last night.  My oldest son that is ten years old caught his first fish on a fly rod all by himself.  I think he was actually more excited than me which is hard to believe.  Right before he went to bed for the night (and after many high fives and hugs) I told him that he has a new goal now: to catch a fish on a fly that he tied.  His eyes got big and said "Oh yeah, I can do that!"  It was a heck of an evening for us and one we will always remember.



No comments:

Post a Comment