Wednesday, July 8, 2020

New Logo Thanks to My Buddy Justin!



My buddy Justin is a heck of a graphic artist and recently worked up a new logo for all my social media.  You will be seeing this incorporated more into my social media in the coming weeks and I wanted to take a moment to thank Justin for his talents.  I gave him three criteria prior to the design process and I thought you might be interested to know some of the meanings.

I originally chose the pseudonym "Show Me Fly Guy" because I was born and raised in Missouri and I prefer fly fishing over conventional fishing.  It is also a double entendre.  When I first started this blog, I did so in an effort to share my fly fishing knowledge and experiences.  I wanted and still want to grow a sport that has given me so many incredible memories and experiences.  I am also a veteran public school teacher so my roots in education are deep.  The outline of the state of Missouri is to show how proud I am to be from Missouri.  I don't ever plan on living anywhere else and I plan to spend the rest of my days exploring and appreciating the variety of fishing experiences that Missouri has to offer.  Finally, I chose the colors of black and gold as a nod to the University of Missouri.  While it is true that I never attended this school, I grew up appreciating the idea of supporting the university that represents the state you are from.  My dad made sure of that!

So there you have it.  This logo is more than just text and images.  It means a lot of things with many of them being personal.  I think that when you know a little bit more information about the guy on the other side of the screen, then maybe what I post will make a little more sense.



No comments:

Post a Comment