Monday, October 5, 2020

Sweet Success on Local Private Water

 Sometimes good fishing isn't about how you fish, it is where you fish!  I genuinely believe that.  If you are fishing a large lake that is full of young, small bass then you're chances of catching a six pounder are small.  But if you fish a lake that doesn't receive a lot of fishing pressure and has had many years to develop and mature, then you have a good chance of experiencing some good fishing.  That's exactly what happened to me and my buddy Mark over the weekend.  I cannot disclose the location of where we went because the land is private and I do not want to disrespect the owner is any way.  What I CAN tell you though is that Mark caught more fish on a fly rod in a morning that he has probably caught in an entire day.  He ended up landing twenty six fish with four of them being eleven inch crappie, a two and a half pound channel cat, and a bunch of bluegill.  I had a good morning too.  I landed a three and a half pound bass on a streamer and a three and three quarter pound channel cat on a jig.  The streamer was The Brave and the jig was a Standard.  Here's the pictures from the morning.  If you're reading this Mark, thanks for getting us access to a great body of water!  It sure made us average fishermen look like pros!









This was Mark's catfish.  He's camera shy.
This was Mark's catfish.  He's camera shy.



No comments:

Post a Comment