Thursday, October 15, 2020

The Fish Print Shop


 Wendy and I recently moved and it seemed apropos to get her a housewarming gift.  After a lot of consideration, I decided to go with a nice wall decoration from https://prints.fish/ .  I follow them on Instagram and really appreciate the beauty of their product as well as how catch and release is promoted by their product too.  I'm also a huge fan of Joseph Tomelleri.  He is an amazing artist and you have probably seen some of his trout prints.  He also lives in Leawood, Kansas, so he is local (to me).  

If you are not familiar with The Fish Print Shop, they make an artistic representation of a memorable fish that you have caught.  They make the print the same length as your fish and include important information like the name of the angler, the date, the location, species, and size of the fish.  And while the girth and the color are not replicated on your fish, the detail and beauty of their product makes up for the slight loss of detail.  

I chose the big, 23 inch, 6 pound rainbow trout that Wendy caught on the Miracle Mile of the Platte River as the fish that would be honored.  I have a few fish mounts and deer mounts on the wall and I felt like she needed something to be proud to display as well.  To make a long story short, both Wendy and myself are ecstatic about how her trophy turned out.  We are in the process of getting it framed and will share how the final product comes out when it is complete.





No comments:

Post a Comment