Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Fly Box Building Contest

I have mentioned before that I work with a group of young adults once a week to teach them some basic fly casting and fly tying skills.  To spice things up a little bit, I decided to have students participate in a fly box building contest.  Students were starting to amass a substantial fly collection and needed a place to store their creations.  To my amazement and surprise, this was one student's entry.  This young man went well above and beyond the criteria that was set forth such as creativity, originality, quality of construction, and appearance.  This young man logged (pun, totally intended) some serious hours and paid some incredible attention to detail in his work.  He won the contest needless to say, and many other students have commented on his dedication, creativity, and craftsmanship.  He did an amazing job and I wanted to recognize his efforts and commend him on a job well done!




No comments:

Post a Comment