Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Life of Fly

Yesterday, Moldy Chum featured a video on its site and I had to pass it along.  I don't know about you, but there are definitely a few flies that I have that are special to me and have reached retirement.  If you have a soft spot or a sentimental part, this video is going to hit home.  On another note, I am going to be sharing this video with my middle school fly fishing club.  Prior to them tying their second fly (ever), I hope this video sends a couple of messages to them.  For one, I hope they will understand how our sport is based on science but has so much art and creativity to it.  Finally, I hope they see that they don't have to be one of those anglers that keeps flies and spots to him/herself  but instead tries to spread the love and wealth of our sport through thoughtfulness and generosity.  If you watch the video, I think you'll see what I mean!


Link: https://vimeo.com/242459892

No comments:

Post a Comment