Friday, February 16, 2018

So Crazy It Just Might Work

So I ran across this article on the Field & Stream website and found it incredibly interesting.  It involves tying flies with some cheap child's toys and the claims of the action that is produced is pretty lofty.  I'm still going to give these things a shot when I can find the time and I will be sure to follow up this post with my observations and results.


Link: https://www.fieldandstream.com/how-to-tie-most-lifelike-streamer-flies-ever?loc=thelatest&lnk=how-to-tie-the-most-lifelike-streamers-ever&dom=section-3&xcsMAQWr2C1hKD4V.15

In case you're interest in purchasing some dragon tails that are mentioned in the Field & Stream article, here's a screenshot and link that will give you an idea of what Orvis has to offer.

Link: http://www.orvis.com/p/mangum-s-dragon-tail/2peh

Also, I thought I would include a video of some footage of folks playing around with some dragon tail flies.  It looks like there's some good action that would make a pike, musky, largemouth, or wiper go crazy.



Finally, I know that I have already post this video from The Midwest Drift before, but it is one of the only fly tying videos on YouTube that incorporates a dragon tail into its construction.  

No comments:

Post a Comment