Tuesday, June 19, 2018

More Roaring River

So I didn't want to bombard you with all of my family vacation pictures all at once...so I decided to torture you slowly over time.  Recently, my two sons and my parents visited Roaring River State Park and had a wonderful time.  This is a VERY special place to me and somewhere I don't get to visit enough.  It's a place that holds some amazing memories for me and this trip was no different.  From having my eight year old son net a couple of fish for me, to forcing my three year old to hold a crawdad, to watching my mom get pelted with rocks from both kids, and my dad catch a respectable rainbow, the trip was amazing!  If I've said it once, I have said it a million times; "I could go the rest of my life without leaving Missouri and catch every species of fish that I have ever wanted to catch!"  It also didn't hurt that I caught a couple of beautiful fifteen inch rainbows.

A Heck of a Net Man
My oldest son Mason, did a heck of a job netting a couple rainbows and getting off his dog gone tablet for a few hours.  It's funny that kids don't want to get off technology until they experience something real and hands-on.  I have to beg him (usually tell him) to get outside, but once he gets there, he has an amazing time.  That smile you see is genuine and lights up my life!  If you're reading this son (he's a great reader by the way), I love you and I love every moment we spend together.




The Old Man with a Nice Trout
My dad, Bob, is one of the nicest, most generous, most compassionate people you will ever meet.  He's also a heck of a fisherman and like his own dad, he could catch a fish out of a pot hole I'm pretty sure!  He loves his trout fishing and typically lands one nice fish on every trip that we go on.  I'm not sure if he does it because he loves it or to show that he still has IT!  Regardless, I wouldn't be typing these words without him so thank you for introducing me to the outdoors, for pushing me to do my best at everything I do, and for being the perfect father.  I love you dad and I love every moment we spend on the water as father and son.




A Pair of Fifteen Inch Rainbows on the Final Day 
Life's funny.  I don't mean "ha ha" funny, I just mean whimsical and unexpected.  I have seen on many occasions the great outdoors give a person what they need at that point in that person's life.  I know a guy that caught a HUGE trout at Bennett when he was going through a tough time in his life, a guy shoot a huge eight point buck on his first hunt, and I personally caught a six pound brown on the White River with my dad.  I believe with all my heart that these things are not coincidences.  In fact, I don't believe in coincidences at all.  I believe that all things happen for a reason, and my last day at Roaring River was no different.  I have been going through a few things lately (don't worry, nothing life threatening) and these fish gave me a break that I needed from the stresses and worries of day to day life.






No comments:

Post a Comment