Thursday, October 8, 2020

Turning a Cigar Box Into a Streamer Box

I know that I have posted similar content in the past, but I wanted to post a short and simple project for anyone in need of a fly box.  My buddy Corey had some cigar boxes the other day that he had bought from a garage sale.  they were in pretty good shape and he had all kinds of ideas in regards to what he wanted to do with them.  He has also been getting into fly tying more and is amassing a larger collection.  I told him that he could turn one of the boxes into a fly box and started to explain the procedure but then it dawned on me that I could just show him instead.  I cut a piece of foam to the bottom of the box, glued it in place, and used a razor to cut some grooves.  The grooves hold the flies in place with tension and keep the foam from getting picked apart with barbs.  I threw in some stickers to dress the box up a little as well.  It turned out really well and he was pretty excited about his new streamer box.  If you are in need of a new box for some flies, this cheap and simple project might be the very thing that could solve your problem.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment