Monday, October 5, 2015

Fly Tying Tricks

I am not a trendy person so I refuse to call these ideas "hacks" but I can see where a young hipster would.  I prefer to call them thoughtful and creative solutions to problems that we encounter while fly tying.  I hope you find them helpful as well.




A clothespin organizes big hooks really well and keeps you from having to untangle hooks in their plastic cases.  I do this with my big fly tying hooks as well as my hooks I use with soft plastics.  I think this idea actually came from an old Field & Stream article.

You will need to buy a woman's hair clip or steal a clip from your wife/girlfriend.  Don't feel bad, they have plenty.

The clip does a great job holding bushy flies out of the way and makes whip finishing easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment