Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Weekend Black & Whites





I had the fortune to fish with my buddy Pat over the weekend at Blue Springs Lake.  The weather on Saturday morning was calm, cloudy, and drizzly...perfect for wipers.  We got to the lake a little late and our window appeared to be closing.  The rain was coming to an end, the wind was picking up, and the sun was coming out.  Pat fished off the dam with a jerk bait and I fished further out in my kayak.  Pat picked up his first-ever white bass and a largemouth (congratulations buddy) while I was getting skunked in the yak.  With the wind picking up and the waves getting larger, I decided to fish off the dam with Pat.  I was in the middle of saying that I thought we had missed the good fishing when I got bit...hard.  It is amazing to me, and maybe always will be, how hard wipers hit and how hard they fight.  We tussled for about 3-4 minutes and I finally got him but not without a few amazing runs and bulldoging.  I only wish there were more of them to catch because I might not fish for anything else if I had the option.





No comments:

Post a Comment