Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Fishing So Far This Spring

Like most springs here in Missouri, it has been full of ups and downs, warmth and cold, and good fishing as well as bad.  I have concentrated most of my efforts on bass fishing and haven't been down to southern Missouri yet.  So far, my best day of fishing was with my two boys in late March.  We had a great day on the water and my oldest son that is nine years old caught his personal best bass that went 2 pounds.  Since then, I have either been skunked or caught dinks on the farm ponds that I fish.  I've also caught a few stocker rainbows around the Kansas City area as well.  While they have been pretty and fun to catch, they're just stockers but it's better than nothing.  I'm still chasing a big bass and I know where she lives but I haven't got her to bite yet.  Hopefully that changes this weekend but with a cold front moving in on Friday, I'm a little concerned about how the fish are going to respond.





\






No comments:

Post a Comment