Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Meet My Buddy, Bruce


Have you ever seen something and instantly knew you had to buy it?  If so, I can relate!  When I saw Bruce at a roadside business that sold concrete statues, I knew he had to come home with me!  I've always loved the myth of Bigfoot/Sasquatch and have always marveled at the possibility that this species might actually exist.  Maybe it does, and maybe it doesn't, but regardless, the possibility has always fascinated me.  

As a community of people that love and appreciate the outdoors, some folks have adopted Bigfoot/Sasquatch as a symbol.  The symbol represents the idea of "leave no trace" and I like that.  I dig the idea of venturing into the wilderness and not leaving anything behind but my anxiety.  No trash, a few footprints, and maybe even a better environment than what I found before is something that I hope I am able to give back to nature.  It's a small fee when compared to what the outdoors has given to me as well as a restored soul and sense of belonging.  These are a few of the things that I think of when I see Bruce as he stands as a reminder, near my front door, of all things good and pure.





 

2 comments: