During my recent trip to Colorado, I had the pleasure of fishing with Chad who is a guide for Willowfly Anglers out of Almont, Colorado. We floated a section of the Gunnison river and caught some fish that I wouldn't have been able to catch without some assistance. I lost a 17-18 inch brown but managed to land a 16 inch brown which helped to relieve the sting of losing a slightly bigger fish. In total, I landed 8 browns, one small rainbow, and a big (to me at least) white sucker. We caught all of our fish on Pat's rubber legs and RS2's. Willowfly Anglers has a REALLY nice fly shop as well. So if you find yourself in the Almont area and need some flies or a guide, stop by and give them a visit! They definitely have their collective finger on the pulse of fly fishing in the area!






No comments:
Post a Comment