If you live in the Midwest and love fly fishing, I hope you are able to attend the Tri-Lakes Fly Fishing Expo in Clinton, Missouri, on Sept. 11 and/or 12. This is the first year that this event has taken place in September as it is usually held in early spring. The organization decided to see if they could get an increase in attendance by holding the event towards the end of the summer and before many hunting seasons get started. Make no mistake, this event gets a lot of traffic but the organization is always looking to see if they can improve on what is already and outstanding event.
On a personal note, I have been fortunate enough to attend this event for the last four years and it is something that I look forward to every single year. There are programs put on by knowledgeable presenters, a silent auction, and a live auction. There are vendors from all over the Midwest that are selling flies, other fly fishing items, and unique fly fishing related things. There are quite a few fly tyers that tie a variety of patterns that teach a lot of different techniques. If you like fly fishing, I can guarantee that you will find something interesting at this expo.
How much does it cost to attend such an event you might wonder? THE SHOW IS 100% FREE! In my opinion, that is one of the best things about this show. You don't have to spend a single cent to attend the show. It doesn't matter if you attend the show on one day or both days! I will be at the show selling some flies, boxes, and merch. I hope to see you there and if you do attend, please stop by my booth and say hello! It would be a pleasure to meet you and talk about the sport that we love so much.

No comments:
Post a Comment