Monday, December 26, 2016

Instructional Video- Tying the Griffith's Gnat

This is my first attempt at making an instructional fly tying video but I hope you find it to be both useful and helpful.  I picked a Griffith's Gnat as my first fly to tie because it is by far my favorite dry fly to fish when I am targeting trout here in Missouri.  It is an easy fly to tie in the sense that there are few materials as well as the fact that there are only a few steps to follow.  However, my favorite thing about this fly is that it rides high on the water and you can see it from a mile away.  If this is a new fly to you or you are new to fly fishing, I hope this video helps.  Also, I'm sorry if I sound like Kermit the Frog.  Finally, this fly will be cataloged on the "Show Me Flies" page in case you ever need to find it in the future.



Hook: Tiemco 100, Size 14
Thread: Red 140 Ultra Thread
Body: Peacock Herl
Hackle: Girzzly Hackle

No comments:

Post a Comment