Thursday, December 1, 2016

Eagle Days

So maybe the only way that this post applies to fishing in any way, shape, or form is the fact that eagles are technically fishers because they eat fish but I had to share this.  If you have never been to Eagle Days at Squaw Creek National Wildlife Refuge near Mound City, Missouri, then you might want to consider going.  Aside from being able to see an incredible migrations of waterfowl, you can spot the raptors that are following their migration to pick off the sick and the old.  I went to this event a few years ago and it is really well done by those that manage the refuge as well as the Missouri Department of Conservation.  Also, if you go to Eagle Days, I would highly reccomend gonig to the program that is put on at different times throughout the day.  The year I went, I was able to get extremely close to a captive immature bald eagle, mature bald eagle, and golden eagle.  If you like bald eagles, you are going to really like golden eagles.  I was shocked at how a golden eagle dwarfs a bald eagle.  Anyway, this is a great event that I cannot recoomend highly enough and it's free.



Link: https://mdc.mo.gov/newsroom/mdc-and-partners-host-38th-squaw-creek-eagle-days

No comments:

Post a Comment