Friday, December 23, 2016

New Streamer Pattern

I sat down at the vice the other day with an idea for a streamer pattern and this was the final product.  Not sure if I like it yet because it didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted, but I am going to reserve judgement until I see how it looks and moves in the water.  In case it is successful, does anyone have a good name for it?  If so, please leave your thoughts in the comments section below.  I think I have changed some settings and made it to where anyone can leave comments and you don't have a log in to anything.  Also, in case you were wondering about the materials, I am including them as well.  Finally, I am including this picture and information on the "Show Me Flies" page as well should you want to find it again in the future.



Hook: Mustad 80400 BLN size 4 but any size of streamer hook with a long shank will work.  This might be a big trout fly since the gap is so narrow and I am thinking about using a Tiemco 8089 (wide gap hook) to make this thing a bass fly.
Conehead: Large
Tail/Body: One rabbit strip
Collar: White mallard flank, then yellow mallard flank, and finally some black schlappen

No comments:

Post a Comment