Thursday, May 17, 2018

Erick's Fishing Journal

I have written about my buddy's son Erick a few times over the last few years and it has been a pleasure to watch this young man grow as a fisherman and get hooked on our beloved sport.  When my buddy showed me Erick's newest undertaking, it was too impressive (and yes, you can call it cute if you want) to keep to myself.  Erick, of his own volition, recently started a fishing journal.  Aside from having the wherewithal to start recording his fishing successes, the little guy is tracking dates, location, and number of species he is catching.  Well fellow anglers, I think my buddy has successfully converted his son into an outdoors man, scientist, and angler all at the same time.  


The "GV" stands for Grain Valley and "BS Dam" stands for Blue Springs Lake dam.  This little guy is on fire!  Maybe he'll be guiding by the time he is 12!

Aside from collecting data from his catches, which is pretty impressive for an eight year old, he also landed this really nice largemouth on Blue Springs Lake last night as well.  His catch will be going up on the Show Me Fish page as can yours.  Send me your pictures to include on the same page as well!  It doesn't have to be a big fish or anything, just something that you are proud of.  Hit me up at showmeflyguy@gmail.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment