Wednesday, February 27, 2019

It's Time to Go Winter


Winter, you have outstayed your welcome and I am politely asking you to leave.  You're the last one at the party, you've told the same joke at least three times, and no one is amused by you anymore.  You've had your moments, don't get me wrong.  The sledding was fun and I dig snowmen, but it is almost March and well...I have promised your friend Spring that we are going to hang out more.  So in closing, it has been real.  It has been fun.  It hasn't been real fun, so bye bye.

I had to get that off my chest and seeing as how this is my EIGHTH SNOW DAY OF THE SCHOOL YEAR, well let's just say I have some time to write letters to Winter.  Now that I am not repressing my disappointment with this beloved season, let's find the positive and look to the horizon.  After all, opening day of trout season is THIS FRIDAY! 

If you're an opening day guy or gal, that's awesome and good for you.  I however am not which means that I have some time before my fishing season kicks off.  I typically don't start fishing until mid to late March and April is the month where I get really serious.  So what I'm trying to say is that I have some time on my hands.  If you are in the same boat (pun intended), I have some ideas for you.  You might benefit from keeping your hands busy so I have compiled some projects that I am working on and thought I might pass them along in case you need something to do.

1. If you haven't checked out the "Projects" tab (and judging by your clicks, you haven't) at the top of the page, you might find something there that trips your trigger.  They are all pretty small and inexpensive because I'm not very smart and don't have a lot of money.

2. If you need something else to do, you can check out my YouTube Channel.  While I haven't added any content for awhile, trust me, there are some things on their way!  Here's a link:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIE8TFKdv5ivGRG8IwS6IDA

3. Number 2 segues (I thought it was spelled segway but apparently that just means a goofy two wheeled contraption) nicely into this component.  Here's where I could use your help.  I have a list of projects that I am considering making instructional videos for.  I have a good idea what I want to do, but I would love your feedback.  I am going to list them below and the top voters get featured in videos.  Just leave your vote in the comment section or on the Facebook page.  There will be a post on the page asking the same question.

  • Making a stripping basket/floating livewell out of a laundry basket
  • Converting a cigar box into a fly box
  • Making a map of Missouri or the US showing places that you have fished
  • Making a magnet fishing rig
  • Crafting a deer antler tying tool holder
  • Making a fly tying work station
  • Making a driftwood fly display
  • Creating a brush making machine for fly tying
  • Assembly a shadow box for displaying flies
  • Craft a fishing collage
  • Assemble a small fly fishing tackle box to ALWAYS keep in your vehicle



No comments:

Post a Comment