Friday, February 1, 2019

Thingamabobber

Winter trout fishing in Missouri is all about nymphing.  Some folks look down their nose at nymphing and by some people I mean die hard streamer junkies and ardent dry fliers.  I personally don't have a single problem with nymphing because it flat out catches fish and I don't mind staring at a strike indicator (bobber for you spin guys).  I have always used the stick and ball indicator system because,well, that's what I was taught to use.  Couple that with feeling confounded by how to use a Thingamabobber and you can see why I use what I use.  However, I ran across a video the other day just might have me reevaluating my current nymphing practice.  My newfound internet buddy and fellow Missouri angler that goes by Show Me the Hawgs on Instagram and YouTube put a video together showing how to use this indicator system.  Hopefully this helps you with your nymphing and gives you some options in the future.


Link to Show Me the Hawgs Channel:  

No comments:

Post a Comment