Friday, March 22, 2019

Lake Taneycomo Spring Break Trip

Last week I was able to get down to Lake Taneycomo during my spring break that I am afforded by the school district that I work for.  To say that I was insanely excited about wading and fly fishing the Trophy Area below Table Rock Dam would be a gross understatement.  All those hopes and elation came tumbling down when they opened all the flood gates the day before I left.  There was a flow advisory on upper Lake Taneycomo most of the time I was there so fly fishing wasn't an option...plus I don't own a boat.  Instead, I was relegated to fishing off a dock at Lilley's Landing (where we were staying) and bouncing baits off the bottom of the lake.  For those of you that have done this, it is a little tricky to get the hang of.  With that in mind, my epic fly fishing film got turned into a bottom bouncing tutorial.  I hope this helps make bottom fishing in current a little easier and takes a little of the frustration out of the technique.


Link to YouTube Channel where subscriptions are greatly appreciated:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIE8TFKdv5ivGRG8IwS6IDA





No comments:

Post a Comment