Saturday, March 16, 2019

Marabou Clouser

I am so sorry!  I totally forgot to post yesterday.  I was going to, I promise, but then I went shed hunting.  I found one, thanks for asking, and that distracted me from posting.  So in an effort to make up for my slip-up, here is a rare Saturday post. 

When I saw the title for this video, it blew my mind for a few reasons.  For one, I haven't had much luck with clousers (mainly because I just don't fish them much but should) and for two, I don't care for tying with bucktail/deer hair. I'm getting better but when I saw the chance to substitute something for deer, I got pretty wound up.  Then I got to thinking, what else could I sub in?  Ostrich seems like an interesting idea.  Maybe a rabbit strip through the hook point and opposite the dumbell eyes.  Maybe marabout on both sides instead of just one.  Playing around with this pattern is on my list of things to do, but hopefully it gave you a few things to think about like it did with me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment