Monday, May 13, 2019

I Finally Tied a Dragon Tail Fly

Last week I posted about Dragon Tail flies and I have posted about them in in the more distant past as well.  I'm not trying to force my love for these flies on you, I promise.  The simple fact is that I find them to be fascinating.  I am also proud to say that after a lot of thought, planning, mental gymnastics, and procrastination...I tied my first Dragon Tail fly last night.  Also, it was not a coincidence that the timing fell on the same night as a dragon-filled Game of Thrones episode.

So here's what I was able to come up with.  In my opinion, it's good...not great.  I like some things, I dislike others, but the fact of the matter is that I can't wait to fish it and see what I need to change in the future. 


 



Dragon Tail flies can be pretty simple, as shown in the video below.  So if you're thinking about whipping some of these up, don't overthink it and just tie one on a hook and figure out the head as you go. 


On another note, congratulations to Nomad Anglers for getting to one thousand subscribers!  Way to go guys.  Now start making that sweet YouTube money!  Here's a link to Nomad Anglers YouTube Channel:

No comments:

Post a Comment