Thursday, October 24, 2019

One CHEAP Fly Fishing Outfit- Part 1

Over the summer, I kind of hit the jackpot!  My buddy Cris, of Carpenter Bros. Fly Rods, called me one day and told me that he found an eight foot, four inch, three weight fly rod on sale at Cargo Largo for $40.  He said that it had just come in and was priced at $50 (which is still cheap) but there was a sale going on in sporting goods that dropped the price even more.

I just happened to be on the road and headed that direction anyway so I thought a little pit stop couldn't hurt.  A little further down the road, Cris called me again.  This time he said it wasn't a fly rod for $40.  Instead, he said it was a rod, reel, fly line, leader, backing, a case, a reel cover, a fly box, and a box of flies for $40!  My idea of kicking the tires on a three weight quickly changed to taking some liberties with the speed limit and buying one before they ran out!

Thankfully, I got there in time and grabbed me one before they ran out.  Spoiler alert: they ran out later that day because word got around so fast.  So here's what I got (pictures below).  Part two, which I'm working on as well as an accompanying YouTube video, will come out soon.  For now, here's what I got that fateful day for $40.  Money well spent!













No comments:

Post a Comment