Thursday, October 17, 2024

Excited to Hit the Water with Captain Darren Sadler




Thanks to my wife and my buddy Darren Sadler, my fishing drought is about to come to an end!  Let me first say thank you to my wife.  Our anniversary was on Wednesday and we had planned a little trip to Branson, Missouri, to celebrate.  There are a few attractions that we want to visit and a couple restaurants we want to patronize.  Being the wife of a fisherman, she also understands that this trip coincides with the annual migration of brown trout moving toward the dam on Lake Taneycomo.  While we aren't going to fish the entire time, she knows that we are going to hit the water some.  I am eternally grateful for her thoughtfulness and generosity.

My buddy Darren also deserves a healthy amount of thanks.  On short notice, he has agreed to meet up with us on Sunday morning to guide us a little bit.  Darren is a great guide.  He has the perfect balance of a positive attitude, a good sense of humor, and knowledge about the lake.  I've gotten to fish with him on more than one occasion and can't wait to share the water with him again.  If you ever find yourself in need of a fly fishing guide on Lake Taneycomo, I highly recommend Captain Darren's services.  I have posted a link to his website below and will post a follow up post next week to let you know how things go! 


These are pictures from the last time Darren and I hit the water.  These were taken in February of 2024!




2 comments:

  1. I can’t wait. Looking forward to fishing with you again Tyler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best guide I know. We have spent over 50 days fishing together.

    ReplyDelete