Friday, July 22, 2016

Some Interesting Resources


Midwest Drift- Fishing Reports & Bass Leaders
Between the photography and the information, The Midwest Drift runs an outstanding website that is dedicated to promoting fly fishing in Kansas and Missouri as well as the idea that fly fishing is not a "trout only" sport.  Currently, the site has a post about building bass leaders, a local fishing report, and some promotional information for K & K Fly Fishers in Overland Park, Kansas.  I have had the pleasure to meet these guys and fish with them and I cannot say enough good things about their knowledge base and passion for our sport.

The Midwest Drift Link: http://www.themidwest-drift.com/blog-1/


Army Corps of Engineers
If you frequent places like Lake Taneycomo or lakes that have fluctuating water levels that are dictated by dams operated by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, then this is a really useful website.  Asided from posting upcoming water generation water schedules, there is also a phone number that you can call to find out current conditions.  I call this number VERY frequently just to see how many generators Table Rock Power Plant is operating.  This usually makes me wish I was fishing there but when the electronic voice tells me "There is a flow advisory in effect on upper Lake Taneycomo" well that makes my word day a little easier to stomach.

Generation Schedule Link: http://www.swpa.gov/generationschedules.aspx


Field & Stream- Wet Flies
I'm not going to lie to you, I don't know squat about wet flies.  I don't fish them, I don't know many wet fly patterns, and I don't know how to fish them.  However, in the continuing pursuit of understanding all things "fly fishing," this is a chance to get better as a fisherman.  As always, feel free to comment below about anything you know about wet flies.

Wet Fly Links:

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/fishing/2016/07/flyfishing-the-four-basic-wet-fly-styles?dom=fas&loc=contentwell&lnk=flyfishing-the-four-basic-wetfly-styles-

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/fishing/2016/07/how-to-land-fat-trout-with-old-school-wet-flies?dom=fas&loc=contentwell&lnk=how-to-land-fat-trout-with-oldschool-wet-flies-


No comments:

Post a Comment