Monday, September 19, 2016

My Name is Tyler Dykes


When I first started this website/blog, I was hesitant to let others know who I was.  I had a few reasons for this with the most important being that I didn't want internet weirdos stealing my identity or stalking me.  However, after reading some other blogs for a few years and after not having my email account hacked by Russian teenagers, I have decided that it is time that I introduce myself.  My name is Tyler Dykes.  There it is, I said it.  Now folks don't have to call me "The Fly Guy" when they see me in public.  So what it only happened once!  What matters is that my public doesn't have to feel intimidated by my anonymity.  That's sarcasm in case it didn't come through via the written word.


Anywho, don't be afraid to introduce yourself if you ever see me at a fly shop or on a body of water.  One of the funny things about writing this blog is that you can see me but I can't necessarily see you.  I am always shocked to hear from strangers that they have read posts on the site in the past and that they actually enjoyed some of the content.  The fact is, guys (& gals), is that I am just a regular guy that loves to fish.  I am a public school teacher with a wife and a couple of kids that has found something that makes me so ridiculously happy that I started a blog/website to share my joy.  I love to hear about experiences that others have and how they go about enjoying this infectious sport that we all must love or we wouldn't spend so much time and money chasing fish in a way that is more difficult that bait fishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment