Monday, July 17, 2017

A Visit to The Hollywood of the Midwest- Branson, Missouri

Last week I visited quite possibly my favorite fishing spot on this fine planet.  Since the first day that I fished the "Trophy Area" on Lake Taneycomo, I have been mesmerized at the quality and quantity of fish that this section of the lake/river holds.  If you have fished this area before, you know that it is only wadable when they aren't running too much water through Table Rock Dam and only by boat if they are.  As luck would have it, the generation schedule worked in my favor last week and I got to spend two glorious mornings on this incredible piece of water.  It was wadable, the fishing was great, and the weather cooperated.  What more can you ask for?  I have some stories and video to share this week but thought I would stick to a few pictures today.  There is A LOT more to come and I hope you come back for more fun!

Taken at Cooper Creek public fishing dock.










This was my dad's personal best trout.  It was over 18 inches and probably pushed 3 pounds.


This was a rare (for my dad that is) brown trout that my dad caught.




This was my biggest fish of the trip- a beautiful 18 inch rainbow.



Me and my boys huddled around a rainbow trout.


What is a trip to Branson without mini golf, go carts, and bumper boats.

I found this school in a hatchery outlet that, alas, didn't allow fishing.  Thankfully there wasn't a photography ordinance.

Shepherd of the Hills Hatchery Nature Center.




The one time world record brown trout that came out of Lake Taneycomo.

My oldest son feeding some of the fish at Shepherd of the Hills Hatchery.


No comments:

Post a Comment