Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Second Anniversary!

It is hard to believe that this little website is celebrating its second anniversary today.  It is hard to believe, in part, because it only came about because I ran out of pages in my paper fishing journal and couldn’t find a replacement.  Upon the suggestion of my wife, friends, and coworkers I decided to give it a shot and see if anyone was actually interested in reading what I had to share.  Well friends, this little project has become a very special part of my life that I love and it is only possible because of viewers like you. 

A small website that was supposed to be a fishing journal has changed into a site that contains videos, guest writings, product reviews, shared fishing pictures, projects, fly tying demos, angler profiles, and discounts.  There are t-shirts, business cards, stickers, a Twitter account, an Instagram account, a Facebook page, and a YouTube channel that all help to promote the site.  If someone would have told me that an online fishing journal would morph into what it has become, I would have called him/her crazy and said that I was going to keep it simple and avoid all of that nonsense.  Funny how things change over time when you love doing something!

I could sit here and state that I would do this for free (which I do) and that I would run this site even if nobody visited it.  That second part would be an outright lie!  I ONLY continue running this site because people ACTUALLY DO visit this site and I get A LOT of positive feedback as a result.  I expected to get a little negative feedback here and there because that’s how media and social media typically goes but I honestly cannot recall a single negative comment from anyone!  I run this site because I hope that sharing some stories, information, pictures and videos will help to grow our beloved sport and keep others interested in fishing.  I know I’m not solving world hunger or anything here, but if this site helps people learn something about fishing or brings a smile to a few faces, then the labors are all worth it.  And yes, there is a side of me that takes a lot of pride when it comes to seeing the number of viewers slowly increase over time or on a day when views spike.  It makes me feel good and makes me feel like I am good at what I do.  Yes, I know that is a display of vanity so I am by no means a saint but I think we all like be told “good job” from time to time. 

Also, if you have read almost anything that I have read in the past, you have probably figured out that I am not an expert on the matter of fishing or fly fishing and that I have a lot to learn.  This site keeps me seeking out new information in order to become a better fishermen while trying to find things to share with others as well.  It’s a win-win situation!

In closing, I appreciate all of the views and thank you for reading!  I love our sport with all of my heart and would be a lost soul without it.  In honor of our sport and the second anniversary of this site, I would like to share a video that was a part of my first post and something that celebrates everything that is fishing and fly fishing.  While this video isn’t from Missouri and speaks specifically to trout fishing, it is easy to apply the words to fishing in any setting, method, or for any species.  Thanks again for visiting this site and please continue to come back because there is a lot more to come!

1 comment:

  1. Very significant Information for us, I have think the representation of this Information is actually superb one. This is my first visit to your site. Fish Mount Package

    ReplyDelete