Friday, January 12, 2018

Dubbing Brushes- More Than You Ever Wanted to Know

Yesterday in the Streamer Chronicles post, Paul Zagorski mentioned dubbing brushes.  At that instant it reminded me that I had always wanted to learn more about dubbing brushes.  While I had seen them up at Rainbow Fly Shop, I didn't really know how to properly use them, how to tie them in, or how to make my own.  Well, thanks to inclement weather, I got a day off from teaching and was able to dive into all things dubbing brush related and boy did I learn A LOT!  Below are some videos that I ran across on dubbing brush odyssey and they cover everything from building a dubbing brush maker, what dubbing brushes are, and some instructional videos that show how to incorporate them into your flies.   If you need a weekend project (like I do because this lack of fishing is about to drive me crazy), then maybe you tie some flies with some brushes, make a brush builder, or experiment with making some brushes with different materials.  I hope you are able to learn something from the videos and are able to incorporate something new into you fly tying!












No comments:

Post a Comment