Monday, January 29, 2018

Tying Tool

As we get closer to spring and with the thrill of good fishing days looming on the horizon, I know there are some of you that are ready to hit the water for the first time with a fly rod.  Maybe you received one as a Christmas present or you possibly want to head out on your own with a fly rod for the first time.  Either way, you might have a feeling of apprehension or intimidation when it comes to learning all of the intricacies and knots that are associated with green horn fly fishers.  If this speaks to you, let me introduce my favorite fly fishing tool that I own.  The TieFast nail knot tying tool is a must-have (in my humble opinion) if you're going to hit the water.  I always keep one in my truck, my fly fishing vest, my fishing backpack, and even one in my classroom...just in case.  You can find these tools at most fly shops, Bass Pro, Cabela's or at walmart.com as well as amazon.com.  I rely heavily on this tool when I need a nail knot tied to connect fly line to leader and a loop to loop connection isn't an option.  I hope the video In the Riffle helps and simplifies the intricate world of fly fishing...a little.


No comments:

Post a Comment