Monday, December 9, 2019

Fishing Liberty Park Pond- Sedalia, Missouri

I was fortunate enough to get down to Liberty Park Pond near downtown Sedalia, Missouri, over the weekend and catch a few rainbow trout.  They were a little finicky at times and aggressive at others but a small jug under a float did the trick a few times.  The fish either wanted a slow retrieve or a strip of about 6 inches with a 10-15 second pause between movements.  I ended up catching about 20 fish but my fishing partner Tom caught 36 and I don't doubt that number one bit.  I also got to watch a guy catch a rainbow that looked like it went about 3 pounds.  The fish is pictured below and was a fine specimen and outstanding representative of its species.







This fish must have been close to three pounds and was probably eighteen inches long.  The pictures DO NOT do it justice!








No comments:

Post a Comment