Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Christmas Project- Part 3

Progress is still being made on the boxes that will be Christmas presents for my two boys.  I've been posting about this project for the last few weeks and if you need to go back to previous posts, you can click on the links below.


Recently, I attached the the lids to the boxes with hinges and put latches on as well.  Now that the construction is complete, I have started to personalize each box for each son.  Both boys will get a Punisher skull on the front because we ran across this the other day and it just looks awesome.  I also think it will stand the test of time and will always be a cool symbol.  On the inside of each lid, each boy will get their initials in Old English font.  Again, this doesn't seem to be a trendy type of thing and will look good for years to come.  Finally, each one will get their own image on the top of each lid.  My oldest son really likes wolves so he gets a tribal type wolf and my youngest son thinks buck skulls are cool so that's what he gets.  

I typed the images in Microsoft Word and found the images online.  I printed off all of those items and used carbon paper to transfer them to the wood.  I am really happy with how they turned out, but now comes the daunting task of burning the images into the wood with a wood burning tool.  This is going to take a lot of time and patience but it will be worth it in the end!  After that, it will be time for stain and polyurethane.  























No comments:

Post a Comment