Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Christmas Project- Part 1

The other day, my sons saw a wooden box that I made that holds fly tying materials.  They were pretty fascinated by it and seemed interested in homemade and personalized versions of their own.  While I'm not sure if these boxes will be used for fly fishing or fly tying purposes, I sure hope they will be.  I thought I would document the build process in case anyone is interested or might want to tackle something similar.  The plan is to give these to my boys for Christmas...if I can get them done by then AND keep them hidden that long!

The bottom and sides are 1 X 6's and the sides will be 1 X 6's stacked on top of each other edge to edge.  The top will be a trimmed down 1 X 8 and there will be some 1 X 2's that will be decorative and keep the stacked 1 X 6's attached.  Here's what I have done so far. 




No comments:

Post a Comment