Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Christmas Project- Part 2

Two weeks ago I posted about a couple of Christmas presents that I am building for my two sons.  If you would like to read that post to get caught up, just click here.  Since then, I have carved out some time (see what I did there) and made some progress on the boxes that I am building and personalizing for them.  The sides are attached to one another as well as the bottom.  I also glued some 1 X 2's vertically to the front and back of the boxes to give them a rustic look and add to the structural integrity.  Finally, I glued some 1 X 2's on the ends to act as handles and cover up the seams that were visible due to the 1 X 6's being stacked on the front. 

By my calculations, here's what I have left to do:
1. Sand again to get everything flush and smooth.
2. Stain everything.
3. Attach hinges and latches for the lid.
4. Personalize each box to fit each boy's personality..
5. Polyurethane each box

Wow!  When I type that all out, I've got a long way to go.  I better stop typing and get to sanding among other things!








No comments:

Post a Comment