Friday, May 1, 2020

Bookends

There has been a slab of walnut and a couple of broken fly reels laying around my place for too long and I finally decided what I could do with them!  I had a blank space on the top of fly tying desk until I stacked some books on top of it.  Then it donned on me that I could make some bookends out of my walnut and fly reels.  I documented the build with pictures but if you have any questions, feel free to email me with questions or comment below.  Hit me up at showmeflyguy@gmail.com if you would like.



These are mock ups.  I glued them together with wood glue.

 



I drilled a couple of holes in the feet of the reels.  I figured that they were already broke and couldn't get any broker.




I screwed up putting a coat of polyurethane on them so decided to take a sander to them and distress them. 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment