Thursday, June 18, 2020

Fly Fishing for Bass Tactics


Yes, you read all the time how great the articles are that I post but it is always true!  I only share the best with you folks!  I go through A LOT of articles on a daily basis and rarely find one that I think you boys and girls would find useful.  Let's face it, this blog isn't about fly fishing in alpine lakes or matching the hatch in Montana.  This site is about fly fishing the Midwest and all of it's unique opportunities.  And yes, this is a REALLY good article.

Tim Romano has done an outstanding job of describing how to fly fish for bass by including information that both newbies and veterans can learn from.  For example, it appears that my bass fly hook-set needs to be tweaked!  My jaw literally dropped and my eyes widened when I read his descriptions of how to set a hook on largemouth and I now realize that my trout hook-set has probably cost me a few fish.  Hopefully you learn something or two from this, and if you don't fly fish for bass, then I hope this article pushes you to do so!


Link: https://www.fieldandstream.com/story/fishing/essential-rules-of-flyfishing-for-bass/

No comments:

Post a Comment