Friday, June 19, 2020

I Saw Something Strange Coming Home From a Fishing Trip


One of the best parts about a fishing trip is the journey itself.  Either you stop at the usual places and purchase the usual things or your see new and strange things.  On a trip back from Bennett Spring a couple of weeks ago, I saw a little of both.  Between 65 Highway and Kansas City there is a spot that I am used to seeing.  It is just west of Bates City.  From the highway you can see a few planes sitting in a field and they seem to be sitting in the backyard of someone's house.  On this particular trip, I wasn't driving (which was weird for me) which gave me the ability to explore my curiosity.  My buddy Pat told me a few years ago that there are MANY more planes behind the ones you can see from the highway.  I hopped on Google Earth and found out that my buddy was right!  

Don't miss the rest of this post below the pictures.





Again, from the road, you can see parts of about 5-6 planes.  There are more than that!  A lot more!  Also, I was under the impression that these planes just belonged to the folks that live in the house.  Now it appears that they are there because of the airport that I didn't know existed.  While I'm not sure what purposes the planes serve at Harry S. Truman Regional Airport, I DO know that my curiosity hasn't been satisfied.  Just like I tell my students in science class, it seems that when one question gets answered, two or three pop up in their place.

Update!
After writing this post, I found a website that attempts to answer some of my newer questions.











No comments:

Post a Comment