Monday, July 8, 2024

Fourth of July Shenanigans

While this post does not contain ANY fly fishing related content, I just had to share it.  Also, I'm sorry that this is a little late getting posted but things have been busy around my household lately and this is the first chance that I have had to dedicate to this post.  Without further ado, I will get to the point.

A few years ago, I hand some spare time on my hands and was bored.  The Fourth of July was approaching and while I don't typically spend a lot of money on fireworks, I do appreciate bottle rockets and roman candles.  I can't remember whether I got the idea of how to make these specific fireworks more fun to enjoy from somewhere else or if it was an original idea.  Regardless, I had the idea to create a mechanism to house roman candles and bottle rockets.  The mechanism could be handled by the user to manipulate the angle and direction of the projectiles.  In other words, I made a fireworks gun.  


DISCLAIMER: I CANNOT SPEAK TO HOW SAFE THIS APPARATUS IS.  WHILE MY KIDS AND I USED IT WITHOUT A PROBLEM, MY STEPSON TOLD ME THAT HIS DIDN'T WORK WELL.  THIS IS A "TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK" SITUATION.  

All I did was take some pieces of PVC, cut them to desired lengths, and assemble them in the shape of a gun.  When I completed this project with my kids, they had the chance to spray paint their own guns and drill some holes in the barrel to act as flutes/ports.  We placed bottle rockets on the tip of the guns and lit them.  The roman candles were lit and then dropped down the barrel of the guns.  The boys had a lot of fund with these and the pictures and video turned out really well.  They turned out so well, I just had to share them.  Again, we had a lot of fun with these things and didn't have any safety issues but I cannot offer any guarantee that these are 100% safe.













No comments:

Post a Comment