Wednesday, July 24, 2024

This Blog is NINE YEARS OLD! WOW!

Recently, this blog celebrated its 9th anniversary of existence.  I started this blog because a fishing journal that I used to write in ran out of pages.  A coworker suggested that I create a blog to document and share my fishing experiences with others.  I was apprehensive at first because I didn't know if others would appreciate what I had to share.  I decided to take a small leap of faith based on the idea that I wanted to document my experiences anyway and if others could benefit from what I had to share, then it was just icing on the cake.  What has happened over the last 9 years has been nothing short of life changing and I cannot thank you enough just for reading these words.  

Aside from this blog, other endeavors have been created.  Some of them began to support the blog while others became entities of their own.  I'm now on YouTube and TikTok so I can share videos and Instagram to share pictures.  I sell flies on Etsy and I've published a book.  I've had the fortune to be a guest presenter for groups, sold flies at fly fishing shows, and have experienced some amazing opportunities because of wonderful folks that have supported me.  However, none of these things would have happened if it weren't for this blog.  Please don't take what I previously stated as being boastful or some sort of "humble brag".  None, and I literally mean "none," of these things could have been possible without support from others.  Readers, followers, subscribers, customers, and good-hearted folks like you have made my life better.

Fly fishing is a huge part of my life and it is a pleasure to get to share my passion with other like-minded folks.  Most anglers that I run across are passionate and enthusiastic.  They want to share their stories and work on making new memories.  That's what I love about the fly fishing community!  We are willing to help one another, appreciate others, and support one another.  So thank you, all of you, for whatever support you have sent my way.  Maybe you've read this blog once or twice or maybe you've bought some flies.  Regardless, I appreciate all of you that encourage me at whatever degree you provide.  

While this is not a tradition by any means, I often like to celebrate the anniversary of this blog by sharing one of my favorite videos.  I think this video shows the beauty, reverence, and nostalgia that fly fishing provides.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I have no less than 50 times.  Thank you again for your support and hopefully we can enjoy another 9 years or more!

No comments:

Post a Comment