Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The Mother of All Fly Boxes




I took my boys to Cabela's in Wyandotte County, Kansas, the other day.  We had a great time looking at the mounts, aquarium, and all the hunting and fishing equipment and the best part was that I didn't lose a single kid.  Good stuff.  Anyway, if you read my posts very often, you have probably deduced that I am a pretty frugal guy in general and don't splurge on expensive fly fishing gear very often.  You can also deduce that I have an affinity for fly boxes and tackle organization.  That's why when we hit the bargain cave and I found the mother of all fly boxes on sale, I just about lost my mind.  My six year old son even told me to buy it.  This behemoth of a fly box was originally $55 and on sale for $26.  I hemmed and hawed a little but ended up deciding to go ahead and buy a fly box that can literally hold almost all of my other fly boxes.  You can only imagine my exalted joy when the lady at the register rang up the box and it came to $16.  Even though we were in a store, I'm pretty sure the clouds opened up outside and shone down upon the very spot that I was standing in.  Angles might or might not have sang.  My jaw hit the floor and a very high pitched but quiet squeal came out.  I was the proud owner of a fly box that might actually be too big to even be considered a carry-on at an airport.  I am including some pictures in order to give credence to my claims.

I included a fly rod, a standard size fly box, and a truck wheel for scale.




No comments:

Post a Comment