Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Bottle Cap Fishing Lure

I have mentioned in prior posts that I believe that most fly fishermen are tinkerers.  We tie flies in different colors but similar ribbing and then turn around and tie them in the same color with different ribbing.  I even know guys that make their own foam that they use to tie beetles with.  I myself have rearranged my fly tying desk no less than one thousand times and have even learned to solder so I can make some of my own fishing lures that I use on my spinning rod.  When I ran across this little project, I knew I had to share it with my fellow tinkerers.  I have not attempted this myself, but I am sure that I will one day this winter when the days are short and the next planned fishing trip is months away.  As always, if you attempt or complete this little project, I would love to hear from you and share your creation/story.  Email me showmeflyguy@gmail.com if you feel so inclined.



Link: http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/fishing/2016/09/video-how-to-make-a-beer-cap-fishing-lure?dom=fas&loc=contentwell&lnk=video-how-to-make-a-beercap-fishing-lure

No comments:

Post a Comment