Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Farming Fish

Austin (aka "The Phenom" according to Busch's video in a previous post) and I got to hit some farm ponds on Sunday afternoon.  We hooked a few, missed a few, and had a great time on a beautiful day.  Some of the ponds were more active than others but we still caught fish at all of them.  I caught all of my bass on Braves while Austin caught them on a variety of flies including a Double Deceiver or articulated, overgrown deceiver.  I don't think I have ever seen Austin get so excited about a fish before and he was almost giddy when he landed a bass on his first cast with the jointed fly.  We also caught some nice bluegill with a few going 9 inches.  It was a great day on the water and I am always grateful for time I get to spend with friends while doing what I love.






















No comments:

Post a Comment