Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Reminder: Let's Go Fishing

Back on September 21, I posted about heading down to Bennett Spring and the Niangua River on October 8 to do some fishing and attend an event that Redington is holding.  Some of my buddies and I are still planning on attending and I would love to see you there.  If you plan on attending, feel free to email me at showmyflyguy@gmail.com or feel free to introduce yourself if we run into one another.  Below, I am including the original post that gives all the information about the Redington event.  If you are unable to attend but wish you could, rest assured that I will be posting about the trip and letting you know how things went...for the better or worse.

Post from Sept. 21, 2016:

The other day I received an interesting email from Redington.  Redington is a company that makes fly rods, reels, waders, and a few other fly-fishing related things.  Anyway, I get emails from the company from time to time letting me know about new episodes of "Find Your Water" and other items, but this particular email caught my eye.  It was titled "Come Fish With Us".  Frankly, I don't care who titles an email that way, I am going to read it and I am going to try and go fishing with whomever has emailed me.  Anyway, here's the rest of what the email said:

Come fish with us as we chase both trout and smallmouth on the Niangua River in Missouri! We'll be hanging out at Hidden Valley Outfitters for the day, so stop by for product demos, giveaways, casting games, and plenty of good times. Come grab a free hat and share your latest fishing tale over a hot dog and a cold drink. Let's go hit the water!

So here's what I propose.  Let's go fishing!  I will be attending this little event and plan on fishing the Niangua as well as at Bennett Spring State Park.  I am trying to round up some of my buddies to come along with me and I hope to see you there too.  You know what I look like by now so don't hesitate to introduce yourself if we run into one another.  It sounds like a good time regardless.  Casting some new rods, free food, giveaways, and of course...fishing.  The way I see it, now you have a rare opportunity in front of you which you can use as an excuse to get out of the house and hit the water...at least that's the thesis of the argument that I used with my wife...and it worked.  Good luck if you pursue a similar tactic.

Link to the Redington webpage:  http://www.redington.com/home-waters#!niangua-wrapper

Screenshot from the link above.

Details from the aforementioned link.

No comments:

Post a Comment